Abilene Downtown Parade 2011

I apologize for not blogging more. I have a million pictures to share but with these holidays around the corner, I've put the blog on the back burner for a while. 
But I wanted to share these pictures of the City Lights Parade here in town. 
We went last year when Jonah was a little one, if you want to check out how much he's grown, click here
 First up was Santa!!! We were lucky that it wasn't as cold as last year, but even so, I made sure we were all bundled up.
My three guys---all so handsome!!! 
 And just like last year, we saw pretty much the same floats and same businesses :)

 While we were watching the parade, Andrew would not sit still. He's usually a wiggle worm but he just didn't seem interested in the whole light show. I didn't realize he was just tired from not taking a nap during the day.
We saw high school marching bands
 And boats & outdoor sculptures
 Candy canes & segways & balloons
 Andrew fights me with taking his picture these days. I'm not sure what brought that on, but he does not cooperate on his own. He says, "no picture!" and turns away. On top of being sleepy, he was just being a toot that evening. I decided Jonah was cooler so I hung out with him instead. 
You guys won't believe this, but guess who had the best show of the entire parade??
THE MEXICANS!!!
With their "Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano y Felicidad" song, their amazing sound system, donkeys with Santa beards, mules who walk sideways, gorgeous horses, and the traditional vaqueros--I loved them the best!!!
The parade finished and we made our way back to our car. The boys had fun playing by the T&P Depot railings that run next to the train tracks...
Jonah kept throwing himself off onto Daddy! He's a total daredevil!
 We had seen a Chik-fil-A float and we realized we needed to eat there tonight. Now that's good advertising. We went there even when he was like this:
I've got tons more pictures to put up! Hope you all bear with me!!!


No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet