🌸 Spring in Texas 🌸

 ...from 2019
It's that time again where people stop on the side of the road to squat at wildflowers in Texas. While the Bluebonnet is the official wildflower of Texas, my preference however is the Indian Paintbrush. It is an annual hemiparasitic flower that is more abundant than Bluebonnet at times. This species is Castilleja indivisa. I found a huge field of them right outside the small town of Dublin when we went to visit my mother. The kids came with me and the sun was just about to set. Hurry kids, hurry! 

Somebody was very upset that we were stepping on the pretty flowers. And someone else was complaining grass was itchy. The other one was just ready to get it over with and provided his cheesy smile on cue. 
Thanks kids, y'all make Mama proud ❤️
On our way back home, I requested a "STOP AT A BLUEBONNET PATCH". In a nice and gentle manner, and my handsome husband obliged. Ladies, if your man stops at your request, give him a medal as this goes against everything he has ever been taught about road tripping. I am a lucky girl. 
The oldest and the youngest kids were asleep in the car. I am super lucky Jonah was able to snap a few pictures of us, and that he is so attuned to his mother's whimsical photos. 
Here is Gary squatting in a field of bluebonnets. So manly. It's a Texan thing. 
We made it home alright. So thankful we got to spend time with my mother and my nephew. We had a great time. The ride home was long but Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes made it all worthwhile. I also adopted a runt kitty. More of that later, but perhaps not. 
I did want to post a quick pic of some pretty things we've witnessed these past few days (clockwise, L to R)
The wild dewberries are out and we harvested a bunch of them. (Here's a link to a previous year when Elena helped me harvest some from our own property)
My lavender bush finally bloomed. 
I went shopping for plants (welcome new little plants!)
My church planted the most amazing Hydrangeas. They are so pretty! 
Poppies from some seed bombs I threw out in my garden last year bloomed! They're absolutely gorgeous, too. One bunch will bloom continuously every week until it dries out. 
Thank you for sticking around til the end! I hope you enjoy my flower photography and adventures. Have you taken pictures at the Bluebonnet patches yet? What did you plant in your garden this year? 

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet