Free Thursdays

Once in a while, I get real courageous and take the kids downtown to the Free Museum Thursdays. We only get 3 hours of free fun + overpriced parking. And it's worth it, sometimes. I love to visit the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston and the kids love going to the Children's Museum Houston. Witty obviously had other things to do because he was absent this time. It's fine though, he likes it that way. 
The Light Tunnel is a family favorite. We obviously were in a goofy mood this day... these pictures are from last Spring. Trying to catch up, y'all 😉
Modern art sometimes needs a good accelerator to burn it all in flames...so I really loved this piece. 
We love being the first one to find the name BUTT on this wall.
Of course we did a quick walk-through of all the 'boring' paintings first..."Mom, come on...Mom, what are you staring at?...Mom, can we finally go to the Kid's Museum?" ...and on and on it went for a bit.
"You guys! Read the notations, pay attention to the colors and brush strokes! How old is this painting you guys?" is all they ever hear from me...
Mr. Grumpy Pants didn't want to smile for me at the end of the walk-through which ended in the Modern and Contemporary Exhibits. His tolerance for pictures only goes so far. Luckily, I know just what to say to make him smile big for me...
Y'all, I'm gonna confess something real quick. I am immature. I love being immature because it makes my kids giggle. It also makes me giggle and there is nothing wrong with having a little fun. Especially when it comes at the cost of art:
Finally the kids were in their happy place at the Children's Museum. This place is ba-na-nas. With an explicit at the beginning of it. So. MANY. PEOPLE. Jam packed but the kids don't care about that. They just like doing the things. And I like taking their pictures. 
I swear this kid is gonna grow up to be a banker or a financial advisor. He seriously stuck around an hour just giving little people their quotes for their make-believe mortgages.
My little Matisse made her very own work of art which was beautiful. It could hang at the MFAH to be honest. 
This area was Jonah's jam. He loves all this architectural stuff, and bonus points because it includes water! 
Well, I never wanna ever go back to that place during Free Thursdays but I'm glad the kids enjoyed it. There's plenty of other museums to visit for free, but we seems to stick to what we know. We're silly like that. 

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet