time for some basketball

the boys started basketball a few weeks ago. it has been an adventure to say the least. i'll never forget how my son could literally not hold still for more than a few seconds at his first practice, jumping up and down like a grasshopper on Ritalin...the excitement in his body said it all--he loved the sport. 
to me, this little group of 4, 5, and 6 year olds is more than i can possibly handle so i'm glad another human being is taking care of that part. they're here to have fun, and that's what they're doing. 
the boys were so excited when they got their uniforms too, i made them pose for some pics before their first game (which by the way, was pure chaos).
i love my little cheeseballs....
i asked them to give me their favorite basketball pose and this is what they came up with: jonah dribbling the ball, and Andrew with some ninja block.
i think andrew handled the chaos quite well, excelling in the hyper and the dribbling and taking the ball away department while jonah felt like he was a little overwhelmed. all the shouting and little tiny bodies going in every which way was, i feel, a little too much for my little boy. 
but oh my gosh, my heart was so full just seeing him out there running and those shorts all the way down to his ankles.
coach witty (dad) was a great big help to the team. it's not easy coaching 11 little bodies a new sport, but they sure are trying. 
me and elena are just eye candy on the sidelines ;)
just kidding, we're cheerleading eye candy. 
there.
that's better.
are you a fan of your kids during their games? i hope we get more chances for the boys to try out different sports in the area like soccer or teeball. i'm not too sure about football though.... (don't hate me, husband!) i couldn't stand it if my baby got hurt!
practices have improved a little but games are still pure chaos. it does make for one entertaining (and very overwhelming) hour though. 
post signature

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet