christmas letters

This year I made sure that the boys wrote letters to Santa. They've never done one before. Jonah has finally learned all his letters and writes things on his own so I thought it was the perfect year to do so. 
The boys have not fallen for the 'being good or Santa won't bring you presents' this year no matter how many threats I throw their way, but this was exciting for them--especially Jonah. 
All Jonah thinks about is his Hot Wheels and monster trucks.
All Andrew thinks about is his Tenkai Knights (knock-off Lego's) guys, so that's what the boys asked for.
Now, I've researched online about sending in letters. USPS had such an extensive numbered list (10 steps! 10!) about being doubly sneaky with your kid's letter (that is just too much for me) that I knew it wasn't for me. Then the good ol' radio played the commercial about Macy's having a mail drop box at the mall. 
I knew that was for me. 
Only Andrew had such a 6-year old attitude about not wanting pictures and Elena was being her needy self again and Andrew had forgotten his letter he wrote and the elevator to the third floor had just become out of order and I neglected to put the stamps in my purse...it almost felt like the Universe was against the kids sending Santa letters. 
But did I give up? 
Heck no. I had made it this far, by gosh, I was gonna mail those letters daaaarnit! 
And ohhh what a sweet North Pole-ish sight! It was the perfect photo op! 
Place the stamp and
....drop it in!!! 
Andrew had to write a whole new letter to Santa but it's ok because he already knew what it was going to ask for, and he just needed a bit of help spelling some words. 
We were quite lucky that the day we went, Macy's would donate twice the amount of their donation to Make-A-Wish foundation, so that was definitely a plus. 
We fooled a little around in the mall (just a bit in the playground, I'm not brave enough to enter it during this season) and then the boys fooled a bit outside in the trees while I manhandled the stroller into my mom-van. 
Hope you guys are having a great season so far! Ours has been challenging (nothing big) but it's been happy and full of love. 
Can't wait to post pictures with Santa next! How do you document the season?
Have a great week! 
post signature

1 comment

  1. awww que lindos! me encanta la ilusion de esta epoca ;) feliz navidad y 2015 para ti y tu linda familia Lynet ;)

    ReplyDelete

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet