Banana Bread makin'


Andrew LOOOVEEESSS "helping"

He LOVES doing things by himself more so....

So when he sees me getting ingredients out, he grabs a chair and tells me to "move!"

So he takes matters into his own hands...and spills baking powder everywhere.


Andrew was whining because he  had liked both of the spinning dealie-ohs (?) I don't know what the heck they're called...and I put them in the sink.
Well, guess who wanted more!?

Finally get to make banana bread with the oven! I've been waiting for 2 weeks since the old one had broken.

Because he's a Witty, it's destined that he will ALWAYS make a mess.

Since our old oven had no window to see the food baking, this was such a new thing for him.
I love his reflection and his smile and just to see him amused.

He kept touching the oven door and saying "hot, hot, hot" and blowing on his hand to cool it off. 


He grabbed the oven mit and wanted to remove the bread.
I kept telling him "It's not ready!!! You have to wait"

And it reminded me of one of his favorite books about Cookie Monster waiting for some cookies to finish baking. I think he loves me making Cookie Monster's voice more than anything...

YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM....

Finally, we got to pull it out after an hour and this was our final product.

Guess who doesn't like Banana Bread?

Andrew...


Oh man, it was delicious!

Recipe: 

1/4 c. margarine
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
2 ripe bananas
1/4 - 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
     Cream together sugar and margarine. Add all remaining ingredients. Batter will be stiff. Grease and flour a bread pan, pour mixture into pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. 
     For variety, add a handful of fresh blueberries or chopped nuts to the batter.


No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet