{sickening} Love Notes - a Valentine's post

Ever since I met the man, notes have been our gushy-mushy way of expressing our love to each other.
And we've kept it hidden from the world. After all, it is kinda silly.
But today, I bare it all. Well, not all....because that would make me blush. 
But I'll share these silly notes that we've written to one another ever since our dating days...

I present
You know how you start dating and all you can think about is that person? Every single thought consumes you about what you can do or give to make them smile and to make them feel more special than they already are.
And then you get married, have kids, lose yourself in life and you stop doing those little special things you once did to show the other person how much you loved them? In other words, you leave out the most important, romantic part of your relationship--not intentionally, but you forget. I'm not saying this always happens, but 99%* of the time, it does. 
So when I wake up all sleepy-head and I head to the bathroom, I see all these little post-it notes along the way, I smile and think of nothing except for two things: my heart was instantly melted. and I totally fell in love with this guy again. And he's not the romantic type, by any means. 
Walls, TV, door frames, doors, just random places one always looks at when they're walking the house. These notes are what made my day go from ordinarily boring to super-shy-crazy-in-love-i-hate-to-be-cliche-so-i-am-not-saying-awwww. And all because he took the time from his extremely early morning routine to write a hundred notes saying how much he loves me in a hundred ways. 
And not to be outdone by his father, Andrew wanted to get in on the Love note action
And maybe post-it notes may be too small for me, and I sometimes think BIG in correlation to how much I love him. So I decided to make his morning routine in front of the mirror, a much more exciting one with this: 
And the next morning, he wrote me this ^ {YOU ARE THE BOMB}...total 90's love, but it was still LOVE. 
And you know what? it totally made my day.
So sometimes it's cut-out hearts, sometimes it's post-it notes or plain notes, and sometimes it's just notes on the mirror. 
On our first dating anniversary, I made him a little book. I called it "A Toast to Us" and had a pages full of our 'story'. It was totally corny and he really didn't care for it {because he's a guy}, but I get all gushy-mushy over it just flipping through its pages. 
And have you guys ever seen on Pinterest how 'hip' it is to write notes and put them in your kids lunches? 
Well, I do that. But to my husband. A different note for every baggy full of snacks. Some most are inappropriate and some are just to let him know I love him. You're thinking oh kill me now, Lynet. But really, sometimes just a thoughtful or silly note to your man is all he needs to be reminded of your love for him. 
I keep all these little notes safely-guarded to remind myself of how we used to be. Of what we used to do for each other. I love them. And I hope to continue to accumulate more and more. 
{He did that ^ just for me} 
Happy Valentine's day!

*I made up read this statistic somewhere, just don't quote me on it.

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet