Christmas Sugar Cookies

I braved the sugar cookies with the boys by myself one day. After days and days of begging. 
I didn't know how I was going to document it...but it actually wasn't that bad.
Besides being covered in flour and endlessly licking our icing-covered fingers, the mess was containable. :) Is that a word? 
The boys were extremely excited. Andrew liked rolling the dough and Jonah loved taking his sweet time trying to decided which cutter he would use. 
Our vintage cookie cutters made it so much sweeter. It reminded me of home. 
A certain little boy kept sneaking some cookie dough every now and then.
And me being an awesome parent, kept telling him that his tripas would stick together if he kept it up....but it didn't really faze him. 
And since brother was doing it, little brother had to do it too. 
Andrew created the fattest gingerbread man I've ever seen. I kept wondering how he was going to cook all the way. Andrew did extremely well for having partial attention from me. 
I felt like I was being ripped apart between the two. Obviously Jonah needed a lot more help, but I think I handled it pretty stellar. Andrew is loving his independence. 
Once we put most of the cookies into the oven, and that timer beeped, Andrew knew they were ready and didn't hesitate to grab his fat gingerbread man from the cooling table.
 His fat Gingy didn't even stand a chance! 
And before I knew it, Gingy was half-eaten!!!
Now that they were baked, we had to decorate them. The boys loved the icing! 
And it was very minimal mess-making time since I had bought the pouches. It was like I had made the best decision ever.
Sprinkles and icing made for some good holiday cookies!
I let the boys decorate 5 cookies each, and guess what? I let them eat their 5 cookies since they had done such a wonderful job. 
Being away from my Mom made this somewhat of a quiet holiday tradition since it was just me and the boys. But I made the best of it and the cookies were gone in about 3 days. 
The boys could have substituted meals for them! 
Hope all of you had some merry and bright holidays. 
We've been battling head wounds and fevers. Cats and travels. Hotels and bags. 
It's been an eventful weekend, I'm sure when we get home, our sigh of relief will be a great one. 
Merry Christmas everyone! 

3 comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet