tour de pepper 2012

This weekend was my hometown's bicycle ride. It's in it's 4th year and it is as popular as ever.
It benefits Kids Across Cultures, which help kids from Mexico, China and Africa. 
And it is sponsored mainly by Dr. Pepper and Dublin's Bottling Works. 
Not my image: Image Souce
We've volunteered rest stops all four years and love being a part of it. I love watching them go by, cheering them. The riders who do stop, we love chatting them up and finding out where they're from. We even love to discuss their jerseys. This year I saw Gumby and a shirt that read, "If you can read this, you're too close". Smart rider. 
Anyways, we're always under sun early throughout the morning so it gets us going and having a good time.
 We grew a little restless sometimes...
Jonah decided to wack Carl with a road marker.
 
We're 10+ miles out from the tiny town of Dublin so we're in country land...
Weeds, longhorns, and grasshoppers--OH MY!
Hope to be back next year! Follow Tour de Pepper on FB
and see my other Dublin post HERE

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet