making it a habit...

I set up the tripod this morning, and this is what came out. 
I've decided that we need to take more photographs together. 
I love looking through pictures of my mom and seeing how beautiful she was with her Farrah Fawcet hair or a barret in it, smiling down on my little brother all bundled up in her arms while my sis and I played with our dresses and made goofy grins.
I love seeing how we were as a family over 20 years ago. 
I want my boys to see that too.
I want them to know where we lived, what we did, why we were dressed the way we were dressed, the facial expressions that we made and what was happening around us. 
I want them to remember those photographs even though their memory might be as faulty as mine.
I want them to know that their mom was crazy about her hair as my mother was {not nearly} as crazy about hers. 
I want them to know that I was beautiful once, even though 20, 30, 50 years from now I'll be a hideously, wrinkly disabled thing. 
I want to show them I had minimal wrinkles and felt the need to feel pretty just as much as the next girl. 
I can't wait until they tell me I'm the only pretty girl they know.

1 comment

  1. I love that picture of you three, although Andrew is kinda hiding. And I love your hair color!

    ReplyDelete

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet