Renaissance Thanksgiving

alright guys, get ready for your screen to be blown up by images from another era.
we went to the renaissance festival here in south texas for a weekend with my in-laws for an early Thanksgiving. 
we saw, we walked, we conquered pretty much nothing but sore feet and dusty nostrils.
I have to say that I would have enjoyed it more if EVERYTHING inside wasn't charging you something on top of admission. Everywhere you see, you see a tip jar, a sign that says $2 for games, shops want your money and food of course costs more money. I was surprised that the bathrooms were free. 
The guy in the outfit showing the boys his blade said, 'get a good education, get a good job so you can make lots of money, and then you can dress up like this!' 
It's not cheap to dress up for the Renaissance, that's for sure. But it's fun ;)
We ended the night with a delicious and very fulfilling dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. 
Their fish tacos and their cheesecake are the best.
But you know, I only took 1 or 2 bites of that cause I'm swearing off sweets--slowly but surely!

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet