Bike Riding Momma...

...yeah right!!

Coach Witty has been mingling with the hip crowd lately, the bike riders.

He seems to enjoy it....he wears those silly shorts and silly shoes.

He was about to head out and asked me if I wanted to ride the bike.

I said "Whhaaaat???" Not because I didn't hear him.

But because I haven't been on a bike since I was 10  or 14

So he pulled it out, adjusted the seat and told me to put his shoes on.

They're the special kind with the latch on the bottom to where your foot is stuck on the pedal.

He wanted me to put them on 1. because there really are no pedals, just stubs where the shoes hook on and 2. because he wanted to see if I would fall over like so many unexperienced  bikers do.

You fall over because you can't unlatch your foot quick enough when you're stopped on the bike.


So I got on. 

And there I go...down our road.


Successful little 20 second ride, I'd say.



These shoes were about 3 sizes too big and felt awkward.

Needless to say, I did not fall and I'm alright :)

That was fun!

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet