Grill + Cold Weather + Haircut = Spring Break!

Our Spring Break was last week. I had totally forgotten to plan for this vacation so we just visited family.
My mom had asked us a while back about building an outdoor grill from brick and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do it. Needless to say, the weather did not cooperate and 5 out of the 7 days were really crappy, so it's a good thing that we weren't at the beach... *keep tellin' yourself that, Lynet*
This is the day we were packing up to go visit family. My shoes were in the kitchen and guess who got into them?
...this little boy did...
...he loves to walk around in my shoes!!!
We headed to Star and visited Nana & Papa while Papa had a couple of days off. 
We had a sun-shiny good day at their place.
in the front yard
cruisin' and falling off the walkway
his feet don't quite reach the pedals yet...one day, one day!

Next, we headed to Moomie & Grandpa's place where Andrew loves to play with Dawna and James Ross' toys...
outdoors with the boys next door
Andrew was fascinated to no end with riding around in these battery-less jeeps
having the time of his life!!!
Mommy pushing the jeep with no battery! 
Note his sippy cup in the "engine" lol
Dawna and James ride around in the lawn mower hauling the jeep behind...
oh my goodness it's fun!
back at home, after his haircut 
that silly grin...he's posing for me now!
Gary absolutely thinks he looks so much better...
me, not so much. his face looks more grown up and I have a problem with that.
he's no longer my little baby Andrew - stop time! stop! - is what I feel like screaming from the top of my lungs
I don't want my baby to grow up. Call me selfish but I like him the way he was and not what he's to become.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are the grill pictures. We aren't finished with the project yet. There is still a couple of things that need to be finished so that the grill is usable and we can start cooking our carnes asadas con cebollita while drinking a Corona and lounging in the pool afterwards...but hey, it's a start. We blame it all on the bad weather and Lynet's inability to remember to pick up the fire-brick needed from Abilene before heading to Dublin. =)
making a concrete slab to place our grill on
my sister Caren came in and helped
my ever-helpful, handsome, concrete & mortar mixer of a husband who we could not have done this project without him - thank you love!
mi madre de albañil
everybody watch Martha...
our first course...
somewhat second course
our fourth course
and done!!! well, not quite. 
It sure was brutal working those days when it was cold, windy and bitter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and to say goodbye and goodnight....

2 comments

  1. Love your post! I know what you mean about wanting them to stop growing. You can try what I did...keep having babies, but you know what happens with babies...they keep getting bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie! Isn't that the truth!!! The reason why I get so emotional is because I browse through his baby pictures ever so often and just start to remember back when he was that age...

    ReplyDelete

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet