Hair Lessons & such...

Hair Lessons...
Ahhhhh, I do love ANY day that my son makes me laugh and doesn't decide that his goal for the day is to test my patience. The truth is I don't know what I would do without him. I thank the Lord for sending me such a cute little creature with a sense of goofiness who thinks that giving mommy kisses will make her change her mind about him being in trouble.

Tonight, after he had taken a bath with daddy, he walked into my room and very casual, grabbed my hair dryer. He whined to me, which is usually the way he asks for things, and I turned it on. To my surprise he actually pointed it towards his hair and proceeded to dry his locks.
Below was the end result...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....& Such
Also, tonight I tried this really good casserole. It's always a challenge to think of 14 meals (lunch & dinner) a week for this small family of 3, I wouldn't even know what to do if I had a large family like the Duggars on TLC.
I used ingredients that I already had on hand and it was really easy to me, plus good. I say good because my casseroles are usually blah and I hate to eat them, but I was pleased at myself tonight.

Cheesy Potato Bake
  • 4 small golden potatoes
  • 1/2 lb of ground beef
  • 1 can of rotel
  • 2 cps of tortilla chips
  • lots of cheddar cheese, grated
Grease a small deep pan, this makes 4 servings by the way and turn your over to 350. Peel and cut your potatoes. Dice them. Throw them to boil, and while that's being done, brown your meat and season to taste.  and combine all mentioned ingredients above in said greased pan, cover with cheese, and cook it for about 15 minutes until all the cheese is melted on top.

*Gary had craved dessert all day long. So we went ahead and made Cheesecake Sopapillas which are SO good! Those are really easy too, but very high in sugar.

Cheesecake Sopapillas
  • 2 cans of crescent rolls
  • 2 boxes of cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 1 tbsp of vanilla
  • 2 tbsp of cinnamon 
  • 1 stick of butter
In a large, deep cake dish, spread out 1 can of the crescent rolls. Mix the 2 cream cheese boxes, 1 cup of sugar, and the vanilla in a blender. Spread out on top of the crescent dough. Next, take the 2nd crescent roll can, and spread it on top of the cream cheese. Melt the stick of butter, pour on top and mix the remaining sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle on top. Oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let cool down to eat.

*I say Gary, because if I say ME, it makes me sound like a hungry beast....


So the other day, I decided to try and make my gorditas again. The first time they came out dry and tough and my mixings didn't have a good flavor. Since I came back from Mexico, I was fully inspired to try comida casera once again...
Here are the end results with Andrew eating a mini-gordita with beans and cheese just for him!


I ate rajas con queso, which is a Poblano pepper with mozarella cheese---yum.

1 comment

  1. Ha ha nice hair! Also, I have made those cheesecake sopapillas before and they are yum! I can't eat stuff like that anymore though.

    ReplyDelete

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet