etsy pop up with west elm houston!

It's been a couple of weekends since our first pop-up of the year, but here it is...the photo mash-up!
I was hoping that my decision to bring Elena along, wouldn't be a bad one. I left the other two monsters with my sis-in-law because there's no way I could have finished the day with hair on my head or a smile on my face if they had come along. My man though, when he dresses up? Mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm! {don't even get me started on that great big wonderful bushy beard}
We arrived a little early for the setup so we just hung out across the street to enjoy the frickin' most beautiful day on all the earth. I don't know how he does it, but Gary managed to spot Houston Rockets Jeremy Lin sitting right next to us. He was star-struck. I don't even know who the guy is...just like that one guy, Roger Staubach I met, and had no clue. I am forever made fun of by the Witty's because of that. *sad face* UGH, WHO CARES LYNET get on with it!!!
Anyway, so West Elm allowed us to use their containers to display our stuff. Great butter balls, was that hard!!! I felt nothing was cohesive, I do not have that talent to beautifully display our product. I struggle with it and I cry for help....and let's face it, Gary is worse than me. I had Elena in my sling for most of the day too. If I had counted by $1 bills how many times I got asked or complimented on it, I would have left the store pretty rich y'all...just sayin'. 
I absolutely loved using this little trough planter to display our journals in....and those tiny little houseplants? I die. 
Our store here
They also had complimentary macarons!!! I had never had one and yeah, they're good and pretty. Totally lived up to their repertoire. 
Source
Source
And here we are with fellow Houston Etsy makers, clockwise L to R: Summer Bucket JewelryHatton Henry, & Black Kettle Soap Co. 
photo cred: @westelmhouston on Instagram
West Elm/Etsy also had a Smilebooth, which of course, we all had to do it:
I want to mention that this was such a great experience. Everybody was incredibly kind, curious, helpful and most important, they bought our stuff {shrieks of joy}. My husband did a lot of talking {his favorite} and sold up our notebooks like they were pieces of cake. I was just hanging back, enjoying the beautiful store, dancing to the awesome music, and my baby girl strapped to my chest. I tried to stay away from talking 'business' because seriously, I suck at it. 
What's even better, I believe, is actually having made human contact with other fellow Houston etsy shops. I stalk follow a couple of these makers through social media and it was great meeting them and saying hello and supporting one another.
We loved being a part of this and are so grateful to have been hand-picked! Great big thanks to West Elm Houston + Etsy for hosting + Ashley Rose from Sugar and Cloth for curating the event. It was awesome! 

We have also just signed up for another great big show here in Houston in a couple of weeks. More details to come! 

post signature

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet