Prim stories & school

The other day we watched The Hunger Games and the name Prim sounded so familiar....
Oh yeah! I named my cat after their character. 
That whole terrible week of not having my kids here (they were at both of our parents' house), I didn't have anybody to photograph. 
So I photographed Prim. 
In the summer, our water here in Texas is never cold...it's always lukewarm. 
So I make sure to cool down her water too--with ice cubes.
She likes to play with them.
Needless to say, she hated bathtime. But it had to be done. 
Still doing some arranging in the new home. 
We finally got a new shelf. Thank you Ikea and your affordable options.
 I love my curtains. 
And almost ready to begin Pre-K with Andrew.
I think I underestimate him a lot. Is that a bad thing? Maybe underestimate is the wrong word. 
Surprise. He surprises me with his intelligence quite often. 
He's so dang smart, it's his stubbornness that irks me. 
I wonder where he got that from....?
I made a shelf for the boys for their school/craft/drawing time. 
There's paper, chalk, playdough, flashcards, games, sensory bin, pencils, markers, colors, stickers, coloring books, paint, you name it. 
Now that school is starting, I hope to dedicate a couple of hours in the morning to 'school' and try a couple of Montessori techniques with the boys. Then in the afternoon, I can dedicate a couple of hours for arts and crafts {mainly for me!!!}....but we'll see how that goes. 
Motivation. Dedication. Stick-to-it-ness. 
Wish me luck. :)

2 comments

  1. Yes, craft time at our house is for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a cute kitty! I only wish the boys were more into art time. They enjoy the structured lesson we have during the week, but just to sit and do stuff on their own?? nope, it lasts a whole two minutes. but we're working on it. Are you homeschooling past pre-K? Also, much love for your header! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet