🍗 Our Thanksgiving 2017 🦃

Well, our Thanksgiving was blessed and it's easy to say a squishy precious baby stole the show completely. We headed to my aunt's house in Granbury, TX to celebrate and eat all the delicious foods and visit with family. Hi-Res pictures available in link at the end! 
Enjoy!
My grandmother and my aunt spent some time figuring out her fancy stove in her brand new kitchen and they both were just busy bodies around the kitchen prepping, and placing, and looking beautiful when I called out to them to smile.
Syrian tablecloths, pistachios, and loofah's adorned her enormous table. Elena doesn't eat pistachios but we found out she liked cracking them open and hand-feeding them to me. I love pistachios.
 We had regular pies and sugar free pies for those poor souls who can't process sugar.

My momma was all over the place visiting with everyone and enjoying herself. For once, Thanksgiving was not being hosted at her house. I think she quite enjoyed herself.
While everyone was catching up, prepping, and lounging around...the babies both examined each other and then played together. Elena loves babies but I'm not sure if she liked the real life baby as much as her play ones! 
There was just too much to see and too many people to meet!
Right outside in the backyard, there were pilots in small airplanes doing stunts for some spectators below...
Those cheeks!
Elias, my cousin's husband, read Psalms 65:9-13 before we blessed the food. 
 Let's get ready to overfill our plates and stuff our stomachs until we feell sick!!!
My gorgeous aunt in her natural curly cue pig tails spending time with no one else but her grandbaby. We were all blessed the Chavezes came to see us to share their squishy baby and finally get the chance to meet her IRL (in real life)! I think she was teething a lil' bit!
After food and two helpings of dessert, it was time to play games, be lazy on phones, talk, and go Black Friday shopping! 
A tradition we have is playing Mexican Train
And of course, the Cowboys game was on (but not for long!)
No one can resist kissing those squishy cheeks! 
I wanted to take some pictures of the Chavezes since we only get to see them once a year. And like daughter like father, eyes...closed....

Aren't they just the cutest!!!! 
So, I do have to admit that I am probably the worst photographer because I did not take a whole family picture and I'm just kicking myself in the rear end about it.
I should have dragged everyone outside and made them look at the camera -- maybe next year! 
As always, thanks to my tias, tios, prima, primo, abuela, mama, and husband for coming together to enjoy one another in thanksgiving and fellowship! ...even though I didn't get to eat pumpkin roll 😭

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet