Wednesday, May 11, 2011

custom painted TOMs

A while back, TOMS shoes started catching on.
Granted, I don't own a pair but I see them EVERY.WHERE.
{Update: I finally own a pair, and I've custom painted there in this post HERE}
{UPDATE 2: I FINALLY HAVE AN ETSY SHOP! LINK ON THE SIDEBAR OR VISIT 
SHOPWITTY HERE TO ORDER YOUR OWN PAIR!
I did have the pleasure of getting asked to paint on a pair by a dear friend, and of course, being the artist I am, I said YES immediately.
So now, here I was with a pair of TOMS, white nonetheless, and wow, a blank canvas staring at me in the face
What paints do I use? 
Sharpies, Acrylics, Fabric Paint were all options
What should I paint on them?
Basically I had free range. She said, "whatever you want!"
So first, I drew a few sketches of some concepts and tried to look online for some sources...
Then I finally settled on acrylic paints since I already had a whole box of them...why not?
With a fine tip paintbrush, I set out to work.
Only I didn't know how hard it was to paint on canvas, in such small detail...
It was hard work.
It took me a while, but I finally managed to paint them both and make them completely unique!
 My friend loves them and wears them often. She tells me everyone wants a pair too! 
If you want some custom painted ones, just message me! I'm sure we can work something out.


Linking this post to:

Edited on Nov. 8th to add watermarks on my images since they have been blown up everywhere online with some having no link back to this blog.