Handmade Teacher Gifts

Teacher gifts have become a special time mainly because I want to give these wonderful people something meaningful for their efforts in being my children's educator.
In previous years, I had Gary cut out a small wood board and I painted a little saying, "It takes a BIG heart to teach LITTLE minds" and they loved it.
This year, I took the time to individualize their Christmas gifts. I know they will cherish them since all of the teachers sent me personal thank yous. I had fun making them now that I don't really paint and sit down and spend time in the studio anymore. 
I made 5 gifts, but honestly needed to make many more. These were for my sons' homeroom teachers but admin and other elective teachers deserve a small thank you too. 

Obviously there was a floral theme 😀. One of the teachers mentioned their favorite flower was an orchid and I have never painted one, so I was a bit overwhelmed. Painting on the wood plank was very forgiving and easy, I didn't even prime it because I wanted the grain to show through. 
All of them were painted with acrylics. I especially loved the floral Christmas ornaments because of the freestyle I used. I also used some 'inspiration' from Marisol Ortega floral lettering for Jonah's teacher. 
I ended up finding the awesome white shadow frames from Hobby Lobby and removed the glass. They were perfect. 
Pretty soon, Teacher Appreciation Week will be here and I like to give little plants to them. Not as personal to each teacher, but it gives me an excuse to go plant shopping ðŸ˜‰

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet