A Garden and the tale of a Suspension Bridge

So you're still with me, huh? Bless you, bless you.

These pics are sort of a continuation of the trips we made to Star in the Fall. We went to town and visited Legacy Plaza and enjoyed the gardens and weather. Not super cold and a bit overcast. Perfect for photographs. The husband and kids loved it -- I'm only somewhat telling the truth (ha!) -- but not as much as I did! 

It's hard to gather the kids together for a group pic, but they're professionals I tell ya. All it takes is a couple of seconds and a couple of shutter clicks and done. Within a few seconds they're on their way to begin exploring and everyone goes their own way...
We were the only ones there that day and it made for a very peaceful and relaxing walk around the gardens. 
I had Andrew snap a few pictures of us, even though he was wearing a hoody. Almost like he doesn't know when we go to the gardens that I take pictures. 
Sometimes I have to make this kid smile properly by making a joke, otherwise he takes himself too seriously. 
This one is just a natural ham and has no problem cheesing it up. 
Can't wait to visit in the Spring when everything soon will be in bloom.
Please don't tell the gardens my kid is a natural graffiti artist...all-organic. 
And this was as good as it got for a family portrait -- a camera on a rock with perfect weather and background. 
Say hello to the keeper of the Gardens: 
For some reason after the gardens, I had decided that we should go to the Regency Suspension Bridge which is a pretty big landmark in that area. I had never been and I thought we could make a day of it. 
Of course, I thought it was just in the outskirts of town. But I was totally wrong. So we headed out of town.
10 minutes went by.
Then 15. Then 20 minutes.
Then we turned into a country road and I knew that my poor van and its wheels were not well-equipped for a road covered in sharp rocks.
Another 10, 20, minutes went by. 
FINALLY we reached the bridge. Wow, we were way up high! 
And as soon as we parked the van after crossing it, since it is only wide enough for 1 vehicle, we were told we had a flat.
A gigantic flat. Totally deflated. Completely kaput.
I said, "Seeee! I told you my van couldn't make it!" to my poor husband. 
And then he realized we had no aerating pump.
Nor a jack.
Thank the Lord above there were some amazing good Samaritans who had a small pump and a patching kit; they literally saved us. Gary turned to me and the kids and said, "Go check out the bridge while we get this fixed." 
Andrew quickly realized we were waaaay up high and was slightly panicked. That good ol' fright of heights kicked in nicely inside me, also. 
Listen, there's nothing more petrifying than having 3 children without harnesses 100 feet off the ground with the thought there are potential vehicles coming both ends while I try to focus my camera and snap a picture. The bridge wobbled up and down, but the day was gorgeous, so I made sure to psychologically focus on that instead. 
#worthit 
Our poor little tire held up with the patch kit all the way back to town, and our back-up (in-laws) showed up too, which was a great relief. Too bad it took longer than it should have. What I thought was going to be a quick 1 hour trip, turned into a bit of a nightmare with a view! 
I guess I can't complain when I ask my husband for an adventure and he promptly delivers, huh? 

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet