even though she was weird...she was loved.

In Spring of 2012, a cute little stray kitty showed up in our backyard of our West Texas home. She was fluffy and white and had blue eyes. How could I resist this cute, little white kitten? 
I brought her inside, bathed her, loved on her, and she made our home her own. 
We named her Prim.
We moved homes 350 miles away and she came along. Her feisty demeanor and trouble making curiousness was typical. 
Our home was small & we didn't have a backyard. It was hard keeping her inside all the time. She grew to stay indoors....for a while. 
We soon found her a sister, which we named Rue and they grew to tolerate one another. 
But she escaped once and got that taste for the outdoors. There was no keeping her tame now. 
She was an outdoor cat. 
We moved homes from a tiny apartment into a house with plenty of room to play inside and outside. It was heaven. For her & for me. 
She would always want my love but was very skeptical about others. She was not an easy cat. But moments like these, when we both needed love, we would be right there for each other. 
I was in labor with Elena (my third homebirth) in the picture below when she came to visit me. 
She was an outdoor cat. She was wild. She was sweet. She was crazy. She was mine. 
I usually am not a very ooey-gooey pet lover, in fact, I can hardly stand pets. But she was beautiful to me. 
We lost her a few weeks ago.
How, is still a mystery and it was brutal. She didn't deserve to die. She was not a very confrontational cat. I cried much more than I thought I would when Gary called me with the news. 
Her death became a first experience to my two older boys, who were full of questions and also tears. The disappearance of Prim is still a concept not understood by my daughter often asking, "where's Prim?" 
Although Prim wasn't very friendly, the kids loved to try to pet her and play with her.

We all cried as we put her into the ground. Struggling with the unfairness of why she was taken away from us. To never forget her, we printed a picture of her and put her up in our hallway. I always see her. 

Funny though, that I still expect her to come running into the house when I open my door. 
We miss you, Prim. 


post signature

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet