Putting up our Christmas Tree

So guess what?! I had forgotten we had sold our old green tree at a yard sale this summer and we didn't have a tree this year! 
I told Gary to get a cheapie one from Walmart and I was bold enough to even request a white one. Annnnd to be honest, I LOVE it. It makes the room so bright and shiny. 
We put ornaments on the tree several days in a row because we couldn't get our stuff together. Our evenings lately seem like a pen of wild chickens and yet somehow, it all is quiet at bedtime. 
The elves made their way onto the tree and some candy canes I had bought. Starburst and Jolly Ranchers of course...
I told the kids to pick their favorite ornament and let me take pictures of them putting them on the tree. Jonah loves any type of craft so he chose one he made a year or two ago.
Andrew picked another handmade ornament made by an old friend. I've posted about these owls a long time ago. I so appreciate the amount of time it took to make. They're so cute. He wanted to take it to school the next day to put on his classroom tree.
Without prompting him, he began stabbing the cactus in the back with an icicle.  
 My cute little cactus ornament made by It's Sooo Fluffy She's the coolest! 
Elena picked out a vintage velvet deer that I fortunately (and don't know how) picked up at the thrift store a long time ago.
 While the deer is also one of my most favorite ornaments, below are a couple of others...
One little lonely present that has no name tag on purpose so the kids don't fight over who's (whose?) it for
And it never fails, the cluster decorating of one branch....makes my OCD go crazy
Hung up our stockings and voila! Magical...

Gary also was busy decorating the outside with some lights. He was unusually cheery.
And no, I do not turn off my lights. Nope. Not gonna happen. 
 And of course we had to take a family picture at our local church's foyer. This thing is gigantic!!
Don't forget the Elves see everything you do and report to Santa so I hope you too, have been behaving and not pouting! 
Hope you're having a wonderful week and that you've bought all your Christmas gifts! If not, hurry! There's still time ;) 

No comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet