Preparing for Halloween

We've had this little skeleton body for a while. Last year, we got an oversized pumpkin and he just kinda looked odd.
Then, we got two small pumpkins that the kids decorated and then it was a two-headed skeleton pumpkin. Kids didn't care though. They were proud of their work!
This year, however, I decided that I was tired of this poor little guy not being used for his full potential and I warned the kids that Mom's pumpkin was going to be his head this year. Not theirs. I think I might have hurt their feelings, but I don't care....Mr. Skeleton looks so great!
The white pumpkins were the rage this year and I thought maybe I should just pay $2 extra and get it. And I'm glad I did. No orange pumpkins heeerre! 
I was inspired by the movie Nightmare Before Christmas and my "Anything Skullified" Pinterest board
I grabbed my trusty acrylics and paintbrushes and got to work. It was pretty fun!
Plus, you know how much more awesome this little guy is? I can use him for Dia de los Muertos and I am ever so excited about that....
Now, when they boys walk to the front door, they don't fight about whose pumpkin get to be the head.
This momma reigns on Halloween! 
post signature

3 comments

Stay connected! Contact me on Instagram @sanlynet